Sunday, January 17, 2010

Morning Glory Oat Groats by Chelly





Morning Glory Oat Groats







It looks like cooked oatmeal, but taste better and is more filling than its cooked counterpart.

Prepare the night before:
Soak in filtered water 1 cup Oat Groats

In the Morning:
Rinse the Oat Groats in strainer
Add all ingredients by rotation:
3-4 dates, pitted or,
1 cup raisins, Flame Raisins are my favorite (can add both dates and raisins)
1-2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1-2 tsp vanilla

Add some dates and raisins, then add some Oat Groats and spices and then repeat. Blend in Vita Mix until Oat Groats have been ground, using your variable speed dial and the tamper, don't go to high speed. Be careful not to grind too long, it will become dough. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Sister Vegetarian said...

Chelly,
I love the Morning Glory Oat Groats. I also eat oatmeal, raisins, nuts, and flax daily for morning. I call it my breakfast of champions as I prep for a big backpacking trip as a vegan in a few months. Check out my blog on the backpacking as a vegan under one of my blog's links: Link to Sister Vegetarian's Mind, Body, & Spirt Page: http://sistervegetarian-mindbodyspirit.blogspot.com/2010/01/tales-of-backpacker-part-i.html
~Donna
www.SisterVegetarian.blogspot.com