COLD HARD DAIRY MYTHS DECONSTRUCTED:
1. MILK BUILDS STRONG BONES - DRINKING MILK FROM OTHER ANIMALS THROWS OFF YOUR BODIES ACID ALKALINE BALANCE, MILK IS ACIDIC AND IN ORDER TO REGAIN THE PROPER CALCIUM/PHOSPHORUS BALANCE CALCIUM IS LEACHED FROM YOUR BONES. THE COUNTRIES WHERE THE MOST DAIRY IS CONSUMED HAS THE HIGHEST RATE OF HIP FRACTURES.
2. VITAMINS AND MINERALS ARE NOT DESTROYED DURING PASTEURIZATION- NOT ONLY ARE VITAMINS AND MINERALS DESTROYED, THE BACTERIAS, VIRUSES AND TOXINS ARE NOT COMPLETELY DESTROYED EITHER.
3. DAIRY IS NEEDED FOR PROTEIN-A BABY COW NEEDS TONS OF PROTEIN TO GROW QUICKLY, WE GET 4 TIMES MORE PROTEIN FORM DAIRY PRODUCTS THAN IN HUMAN BREAST MILK. BREAST MILK HAS JUST WHAT THE HUMAN BODY NEEDS.
4. OTHER SPECIES DRINK MILK FROM OTHER SPECIES- FALSE, HUMANS ARE THE ONLY SPECIES TO DRINK MILK FORM ANOTHER SPECIES OTHER THAN OUR OWN MOTHERS.
NOW ON TO THE HEALTH TIP:
Personal note: I stopped eating dairy almost 9 years ago in every way, shape and form. No more gas, constipation or bloating. No more stuffy nose in the morning, no more mucus or spitting when brushing my teeth, no more colds and no more ear infections. Yippee for meee!
1. Know where to find & eliminate Dairy!!
2. Learn to make your own Healthy Substitutions!!!
Dairy is hidden in the Three States of Matter:
1. Solid-cheese, crackers, bread, butter, cereal, chips, noodles, spreads, batters, snack bars, puddings, all desserts, all prepared foods
2. Liquid-Milk, coffee drinks, smoothies, yogurts, baby formulas, tea
3. Gas- your gas, your family members, your animals, "geez-o-peeks", say excuse me somebody! Dairy must be eliminated!
Now, where do you get your milk and cheese from? Keep reading.....
Here are some healthy substitutions:
1. Make nut or seed based "mylks."
2. Nut allergy? Try guacamole for cheese or sour cream.
3. Try nut based "cheeze."
4. Make nut or seed based yogurts.
5. Make nut based sweet or savory creams, spreads or sauces.
One of the first things I help my clients to learn to do is substitute unhealthy options with healthy ones.